Problems starting Nintex workflow from InfoPath..

• 6 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I am running SharePoint 2010 and Nintex 2.3.14

I have an InfoPath form which writes to a SharePoint List.  The SharePoint List has a number of Nintex workflows attached to it.  When I try to submit the data from the form to SharePoint I am getting inconsistent results.  Sometimes the data submits and sometimes it fails with a 401 error.  All the items have the same permissions, I am set up as Owner of the site and Site Collection admin.   I have updated the button in InfoPath to submit a second time if there is an error - and this seems to fix the problem - i.e. if the submit fails the first time it will always succeed the second time. 

In InfoPath I have the option to Use Web services or not.  If I do not use web services the updates work ok every time - but the Nintex workflows are not triggered with the change in data.  If I opt to use Web services the inconsistent update occurs - but the Nintex workflows will trigger once the data is updated.

Has anyone an idea about what is going on. 

Also I have tried creating a SharePoint designer workflow on the same site collection - as a test - and I cannot get it to start.  Is it possible to have SharePoint designer workflows working on the same site collection as Nintex workflows ?

Thank you

Catharine

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is it possible to have SharePoint designer workflows working on the same site collection as Nintex workflows ?

Yes, it is possible.

Badge +11

Hi Catharine,

can you please provide some additional information:

How are you using your InfoPath form? Is this a list form or a form template in a template library that creates instances of that form? Or in other words, how did you connect your SharePoint List to your InfoPath Form?

How are you submitting your information if not via webservice?

Can you please also show/explain the start options of the workflow you are running?

It's always difficult to solve issues that are only occuring from time to time sad.png

Can you have a talk to your server admin to have a look at the ULS and Event logs on the time the problem occurs? Or do this yourself in case you can access the server wink.png

We will most likely need some more error information than just the 401 to find out what is really going on here.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +6

Hi Catharine,

Hope this would work for you. InfoPath Forms  

Regards

Bashya Rajan