K2 designer Workflow - tasks

• 17 April 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello

I am new to K2 workflow and I am trying to re-write some lotus applications to K2.  I am using a smartform and the k2 designer for workflow. 

My application is a simple approver process however I need for the form/actions to be available at any time during the process for the Originator to be able to Re-submit, Change Approvers or Cancel the process. 

If I understand correctly after the originator fills out the form and I move to the first approver task the originator would no longer be able to action on the form.  If I add these actions to the next approval task it seems he would then have to action (whereas re-submitting , cancelling or changing approvers is only an option that is needed throught the whole process).  If someone could help me with what I may be missing or how I can handle this I would greatly appreciate it.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Dear,
Let's not make it too complex task:
I would suggest that you set the Activity destination for the approver and the originator,
In other words make the originator receive the task too so he can use the actions that you have mentioned.

******* NOTE *******

In case the originator form is not the same form for the approval, here you'll have to set some rules:

on the form initialize method of the approver we do the following:

if the originator = Current user

Your rules.....

hope it's suitable solution