Solved

Calculated field inside repeating section turns to 0 in edit mode

• 11 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I am trying to calculate sum of amount field which is inside repeating section. Formula used to calculate sum is sum(Amount). When I open the form in edit mode, the calculated field turns to 0 (see snapshot below). To update the amount, i have click either inside amount field or add new row.

Gone through lot of articles but none of them helped. All of them pointed to Nintex version issue but i have Nintex version being used in 3.3.1.0

9841i44B9F950ABB506F8.png

icon

Best answer by AmanG 27 January 2021, 13:52

View original

5 replies

Badge +4

@MegaJerk Hi Meg, could you help me please as in the past also your solutions and suggestions have helped me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I would need to see the Formula inside of your calculated control. It should be pretty straight forward though. 

Here is an example form (only pay attention to the controls that are highlighted in yellow): 

I have one Control named (someNumber) in the Repeating Section and a Calculated Control named (totalControl) just on the Form outside of the Repeating Section. 

Here is how the Single Line Text (someNumber) is configured:

Here is the formula in the Calculated Control: 

Running the form in Edit mode it behaves like one would expect. 

there are no other rules running, no other code. just the calculated formula. please copy this style and get back to me. 

Badge +4
Hi Meg, Thanks for taking out time for this. I agree with your solution and even I am not able replicate the issue in test site. It's working as expected in test site but not in production. I have JavaScript and workflows running in backend so really not sure what is causing the sum to be zero.
Badge +4

I found the solution by back tracking.

The repeating section is placed inside panel and that panel has rule applied to it based on lookup value. Since there are lot of values, lookup is taking time to resolve and in the mean time sum is calculated as ZERO. I removed that rule from panel and now it is working fine, sum is getting re calculated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good to hear! Sometimes all it takes is another more detailed look. We've all been there and made that mistake.