claudiaurbanski
Design Canvas Artiste

Calculated field in list view not updated

Jump to solution

I have an Employee training form that has multiple calculated lookup values from list A. When selecting a name  in the form, job title, badge number, date of hire will auto populate. This works fine, however what I’m trying to do is to find a way to get the list view updated with the calculated values.  For example I enter a record for John Smith  his position gets updated, badge number is empty because he didn’t have a badge number assigned in my list A.I go to list A and add his badge number, then I go to the employee training view and badge number for his record is empty.If I open the form I can see badge number calculated and if I save it , badge number is updated in the list view. (Connected to ID single line of text) . I don’t want to go and open and save each record in order to get the calculated value displayed on the list view. Is there a way to trigger or workflow action to force all items to update calculated values on the view. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Calculated field in list view not updated

Jump to solution
Hi,

The reason you are seeing this behavior is because its expected.
The lookup on the form does its calculation when its edited and the control is connected to a sharepoint column. The sharepoint column can only be updated when the form is open and the calcuation has been done and the form submitted.

How would the form know that an item on another list has been updated so that it can recalculate and save the value? It cant.

You would need to have a workflow in List A that runs when an item is modified and update the list with the form on it with the new value(s).

View solution in original post

claudiaurbanski
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: Calculated field in list view not updated

Jump to solution
Thank you. I was hoping there was a way to force all items to update with the calculated lookup value on my Employee training list, however your suggestion worked fine having a workflow On list A to update items on my other lust. Thank you!!
0 Kudos