Save a form when a field is filled in but keep the form open

• 13 November 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge

I would like to save the form in the background and keep the form open so that the user can continue to fill it out.

I want to do this so that a workflow can run on a new item to create a folder in a document library based on the value of the field.

I will then set the value of a link on the form to the folder so that when the user clicks on the link that the folder will open and allow them to upload or view existing documents.

I do not want to store the documents on the form as some can be quite large and I also need to set permissions on some of the documents.  So by creating a supporting documents library and a folder for each form it allows me more flexibility.

I have done this before using InfoPath but want to do it now in Nintex forms.

Note:  you have to create a workflow to clean up if the user does not create the form but cancels.

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +8

Last i knew as of now you can't just save a form with the OOB buttons Nintex provides you. You will have to use a button then set it to JavaScript and then write custom JavaScript to do that.  I know there have been many post about this before on a save button where it wouldn't close the form or an auto save function.  There also been suggestion throw on the features we would like to see boards as well.