Smartobject UPDATE method, how does that work?

• 30 April 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I am starting to work with SQL tables on other servers with domain.

I setup a SQL table with 3 fields... and set a Primary Key (Item Number)

Fields are: Item Number, UserID, Description

I have a list view of the generated Smartobject and can display (LIST) the data from all 3 fields of the form

How do I allow the logged in user to change the UserID field to a value and save it?

I provide the user with a text box to enter a value for UserID and was hoping i could save the record (based on Item selected in List)

When execute a button click rule which calls a Smartobject Method, but i only have Create, Delete, List, Read and Update methods.

I pick Update method, but I don;t understand the Input and Output mappings... In output I only get Update in he Context Browser...

I have only used SAVE method when smo's are on the K2 server, so how do i save changes when working with SQL Tables elsewhere?

Thanks in advance...

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Dear,

I believe that the user has to select the row that has to be updated, 

When the button clicked

Execute SO update method (input parameters : 1- SO property which is Item ID 2- textbox that has the userID)

now in the update method there are no outputs, in case you want to retrieve anything you'll have to call LIST method

Note: after updating you have to call list method or refresh the list to see the updated values on your list