Move Attacments from WF Task item to Current List Item

• 15 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello again,

I've been making good progress with our Issue Tracking system. The place I'm stuck now is with moving attachments from Task Item to Current List Item.

(We are on SP2010 with Nintex WF and Forms 2010. So NO CallWebService. even if it was there, then the site admin might not have enabled it.)

I want to create folder in item list with name as current item id. and move/copy files from the folder in task list having folder with current task id.

is there a way doing this using controls in nintex workflow. or any way in nintex forms by running custom js on any control.????

this is the last thing keeping the whole workflow at hold.

-KK

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Kundan - Is the Current List Item you referenced in a document library or a regular list?  If its a library, one approach for this is to have a workflow on the task list that uses the Copy to SharePoint action.  This will copy any attachments in the task item to a document library (but it won't copy them as attachments to another list).

However, there is some significant risk in this approach in that a workflow that runs on a task can interfere with the main workflow that is creating/updating the tasks to begin with.  You want to make sure that no workflow starts on the task until the task is fully complete, by using the conditional start settings.  If you do this, I think it will not cause any problems.  But please test this very carefully happy.png.

Badge +2

It's a regular list. I want to avoid using document library (storing data there and linking it in current list item).

however, I observed, that there is still possibility we can run custom JS in Nintex forms. I'm not very familiar with javascript, but if it is possible, then i would like to use js and (1) create folders in every current item and (2) use another script in task from to move any attachments from task item to current item.

but all my efforts are still in vain. 

Badge +2

Tom,

I think using webDAV is the only possible solution I can see for my requirement. any thoughts/ideas on how can I bring webDAV libraries using javascript on sharepoint together?? I heard Nintex doesn't support this feature yet

Emily BillingFrank FieldSwetha SankaranCheryl ShahNidish KotianArunkumar Nagarajan​  Vadim Tabakman

...would love to hear you thoughts too on this

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have the workaround of workarounds happy.png

What I would do, is similar to what Tom mentioned, which is have a workflow you've built on the Workflow Tasks list that your parent workflow starts. This workflow would use the Copy to SharePoint action to copy the attachments to DocLibTemp.

It would then start a workflow on those new documents, passing parameters to that workflow, to tell it the list and item ID of the original item.

Now, the workflows running on the documents would use the Call Web Service action to call Lists.asmx, and specifically the AddAttachment web method.  Here you can put in the destination list and item id and for attachment, you put in [FileData].

This will take the current document and add it as an attachment to that original item.

I'm afraid I don't know much about WebDAV to comment on that.

cheers,

Vadim

Badge +2

Vadim--- Thanks for your response but I'm afraid I cannot use CallWebService,--> WF2010 on SP2010sad.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Kundan,

The Call Web Service action is available on NWF2010.

If you're not seeing it in the designer, then reach out to your Site Admin and ask them to enable that action on your site, and if they want it locked down, just give permissions to you.

Vadim