Cascading lookup with filter and repeater control

• 9 March 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi All,

I am new to nintex forms and workflows and need some help on Cascading lookup with filter and repeater control.

my requirement is I have a inventory list in which there are some devices  available in each location with status of whether available or not available and a return date if the device is not available.

I have another list where I have a nintex form. Users will request from this list. In the form of this list I have Location field which is another lookup  and assets required field which should be  is a cascading lookup with repeater control. When a users selects location in the form I need to show only the devices available in that particular location and also only the devices whose status is available.

can you provide some inputs to achieve this requirement as I am new to nintex and it is taking lot of time for me to achieve this requirement.

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi Dilip,

Here are some ideas.

Option1: Look at JavaScript to dynamically filter your lookup values.

Option2: You should be able to create views on your SharePoint List (for instance "Available") which only shows Available products. In your List Lookup control, set the Source view of the list to "Available", then use the Filtering option to add the Location filter.

Option3: Otherwise you could try an approach like the one described here:

You would need a calculated column on your list (hidden from users) that would combine your Location and Availability fields into one, such as: New York Available. If a calculated field won't support this, a simple Nintex workflow could run and populate this field for you every time an item changes.

Then you would do a similar joined calculation on your form based on the input of location and append the word Available. 

Have your ListLookup filter on this hidden field and you should be good to go.

Nintex Forms - lookup with 2 filters 

d