Destination user

• 8 October 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I would like to send a notification message to one person that is indicated in a form (conncetion with Active directory). I did it in one of my workflows using Data Field and I don't know how to repeat it.

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi magcen,

There should be several ways to send a notification to a user depending on your application, either on the form side or the workflow side.

1.  You can use the Email event in the workflow, assuming the form is tied to a workflow, that should allow you to send a mail to a user by referencing the field in the form containing the user's email, or by using a smartobject to query AD based on the user's display name.

2.  When an item in the workflow requires a user action or is added to a worklist, you should have the option to send a notification to the destination user, and the wizard should give you the option to CC the user selected in the form.

3.  When the user presses a button or preforms another action on a form, done through rules on the form or view itself. (workflow independent)

I can provide further details on any of the above, or if you can post a screenshot of where you are at and how you would like the notification to be triggered, I should be able to help there as well.

Good Luck,

Mike