How do I create a central rich text mail template for several flexi-tasks?

• 16 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hey Community!

I'm currently working on a big workflow with loops and many flexi-tasks. In the current test phase it is often necessary to change the texts of the mail notifications, which is a lot of work. Sometimes only one word changed and I have to change it in 10 flexi tasks. I'm searching for an easy way to create a mail-template where I can store the main part of the mail with nintex references, rich text formatting and so on and kind of link it into the flexi task mail window.

I looked into variables, but couldn't figure out how to store rich text formatting or nintex references in it, only plain text. What am I missing? Or do you have other hints for me? Any hint is highly appreciated!

With kind regards!

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi Tim,

I use a list to store information for specific emails.  The workflow then retrieves the list item based on a key value, title = New Item.  This item contains other fields that contain all my New Item Email customizations.  Hope that helps.

Badge +2

Hey Joseph!

Thank you for your answer!

Tried this already but the problem here are the nintex variables and references I need in the text. I can store normal text with formatting in the list and get it via a query list action and storing it into a multiline variable. What didn't work are references. For example I have a hyperlink with url: {Common:ItemUrl}?web=1 und name: {ItemProperty:FileLeafRef}. Even when I embed the sourcecode for it into the list item, it will be changed, so that nintex can't display it the correct way.

I also tried using Build String and a Multiline Variable, but also this didn't work in the end. Text works fine, but I can't place hyperlinks for example.

Kind regards!

Badge +5

Hi tiwookie,

Sorry that I'm a little late getting back to you.  You'll need to checkmark the Output options - Include HTML formatting in rich text in your Query List Action.

1846iA523B12E71F9681F.jpg

Hope this helps,

-JC

Badge +1

Hello,

I know this was long ago, but did you ever get it to work?  I've followed Joseph's specifications, but mine still isn't passing the variable/item property reference from one list to another intact.  I'd really appreciate knowing what your end state was.

Thank you.