Attachement in repeating section

Badge +3

My objective: Create a SharePoint List page with Nintex forms for each training item. Included in this form:

Training Title/Description/Due date

User Name - Repeating table pulled from a data connection to a SharePoint list with "User Names".

A PDF attachment for their certificate of completion.

EXAMPLE:    Blow your nose today.     Due Date 08-23-2013

Name           Attachment 
Joe Smith      XZX.PDF
Bill Smith     YYY.PDF
Jack Smith     ZXZ.PDF

I am able to create the repeating table list of names from the 'user names' List. But, I cannot figure out a way to attach a file to each name individually. I add a file and it populates the entire list.

Joe Smith      AAA.PDF 
Bill Smith     AAA.PDF
Jack Smith     AAA.PDF

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance!

14 replies

Badge +6

Hello Zak,

Attaching an attachment on an item of a repeating section is sadly not yet available . And the actual behavior is the one you are facing today!This feature is planned for later this year. We don't have a release date cause nothing is yet confirmed.

You will have to find a workaround on this.

Alex

Badge +3

Hello Alex,

Do you have any idea  to workaround this problem or example.

Zak

Badge +6

What about downloading piece on the form itself and linking them in the repeating section using a link field?

I know that it's less interactive but if you want to store it in the repeating section, you will have to use supported fields!

Alex

Badge +7

Hi Alexandra,

Seeing that the feature would be available "later this year" was indeed good news to me. I think it didn't quite make it in 2015 - what are the etsimate on getting this feature?

Regards

Leif

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just had a customer request for this functionality as well wink.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We had the same issue.Our solution was to develop a custom file upload control in which we can upload 1 file / control and the name of the file is saved into a text column. It works fine for us.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

You can add your vote here:

Repeating Section Attachments – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Badge +4

Hey Szabó Róbert

Can you please explain more around your solution? Sounds like what i'm looking for!

Thanks!

Kimberley

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Unfortunately I can't really share technical details on the solution, since it's company secret. High level it's a not too fancy upload control which moves the file from the task to the List item attachments on Submit and saves the filename in a text field. happy.png

Small but handy solution. Developed by Dániel Baranyi

Badge +2

So it was stated at https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229406-2-nintex-forms-for-sharepoint/suggestions/5482086-repeating-section-attachments that you plan this for 2014 ... then you plan it for 2015 ... then for 2016 ....it is 2017 now.

Do you have an actual update on this?

Thanks,
Simon

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Maybe  can answer your question

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Simon ter Veen‌,

I did look at this the other day and think its a good suggestion. I just need to see what effort is behind the feature and compare it to other highly requested features.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Alexandre Joly wrote:

Hello Zak,

Attaching an attachment on an item of a repeating section is sadly not yet available . And the actual behavior is the one you are facing today!This feature is planned for later this year. We don't have a release date cause nothing is yet confirmed.

You will have to find a workaround on this.

Alex

Still it is not available? If Not, Can you suggest any alternative way to achieve this requirement? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Just an update, the team are looking into this feature at the moment. Hopefully we will get it in the next release.

Cheers,

Euan