How to close Workflow Tasks Tab automatically

• 18 January 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

I have developed a Nintex form which gets assigned to the user.  User gets mail notification and can open the form through the link provided in mail.  On clicking the link a Nintex form opens in Workflow Tasks tab.  User takes action and submit the form.  On submission the form disappears however Workflow Tasks tab remains open.  Is this the default behavior?  If yes, is there a way to close Workflow Tasks tab automatically.

Please help.  Thanks

Sunil 

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you post a screenshot what you mean with ' Workflow Tasks tab'?

Badge +6

Hey Sunil,

I'm not sure what you mean with "Workflow Tasks tab", do you mean the workflow task list?

Best regards,

Jan

Badge +6

Thanks Marian and Jan,

Screen shot of Nintex form accessed by assignee on clicking a link in mail. 

197762_pastedImage_1.png

On submitting or closing the above mentioned form the Workflow Task tab remains open like

197763_pastedImage_2.png

I want the above mentioned browser tab should close automatically on closing Nintex form.

Thanks

Sunil

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Sunil,

unfortunately I don't think that's possible to automatically close the browser, however it's possible to change the page you get when you close the form by adding in the notification email link a parameter &Source=NewURL 

In that way when a user submit or close the task, he isn't redirected to workflow tasks list but to the URL you have specified in your source parameter.

Giacomo

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Giacomo is right.

but you can redirect to a page that closes itself on a load and so mimic closing tab/window after task response.

Badge +6

Thanks a lot Giacomo and Marian,

User receives email with a link as 197792_pastedImage_1.png On clicking  here a Nintex Form opens.

Will you kindly guide how to add &Source=NewURL  in this email notification link.  I tried to do it but failed.

Thanks

sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

- open task configuration

- go to task notification tab

- click into mail body

- new ribbon appears, click edit source

- within source find link to approval URL

- add your redirect URL (absolute or relative). note that for security reasons URL has to be within the same site

Badge +6

Great,

Thanks a lot Marian and Giacomo,

It worked as expected.  Also I got to know about HTML edit source.

Thanks once again

Cheers

Sunil