BP Configuration - setting app pool to different account than K2 service account issue

• 23 August 2007
  • 1 reply

Badge +9

I recently came across this issue.

I installed BP and configured the App Pool to run under a different identity than the K2 Service Account.  The configuration appeared to go fine, however when Workspace was attempted to be used later on (post-config) errors appear in the server Event Log saying SQL Server Login failed.  In looking at the database, it appears that this user is in SQL Server, but only had access to the reporting services database not K2 databases.

In reviewing the install docs, I found the following:

SQL Server Access

During the installation the account credentials created for the Server Service are used to create a user account for the SQL Server. The Service account is created as the DataBase owner for all K2 [blackpearl] databases and given read write access to all of them as well. 

After reading this, the App Pool identity was changed to the K2 Service account and everything worked, however the goal is to have Workspace run under a different identity.

Does the configuration utility attempt to set appropriate DB permissions for the App Pool identity? Or should I have manually set the permissins on all the K2 databases for this app pool identity?

Any other thoughts as to how this could be accomplished?

1 reply

Badge +13
Try to manually assign the new ID with "DataBase owner for all K2 [blackpearl] databases and given read write access to all of them as well."