Basic workflow that will create its own task list when published

• 23 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I setup onpremise 2013 sites via powershell. I have been publishing workflows during setup using the nwadmin deployWorkflow command. When doing this the workflows create a task list. However the workflows are so dependent on the environment that when something changes in the environment the worklfows fail to publish THis causes failures in the script since I set up views on those tasks list. I have tried to use a minimally configured workflow in order to accomplish this. I created a workflow with basically just an assign Task action in it thinking that this is what creates the task list once the workflow has been successfully published, however that is not the case.

I'm an admin, not a developer so my question to you guys is what minimum set of actions do I need to have in a workflow so that a task list is created when its published. I do not want to use any default task lists as we use a 1 to 1 mapping of list to task list.

reminder: This is not being done thru the browser. It's all done with powershell.

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
This seems like it would be a pretty common task for devlopers. Yet this remains unanswered a couple of months after posting.

As an administrator, not a developer, I'm charged with setting up our sites. I do this with powershell and being able to publish a list workflow that actually publishes and also creates the task list when published is a huge boon to our automation.

Is there a specific workflow action that does this?
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Is this just not done? Everyone dumps tasks into the default Nintex Workflow Task list?