Drag and Drop approvers...

• 9 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I am Trying to add a drag and drop functionality for the approvers / reviewers, is this something possible through standard Nintex form? I am using standard nintex form people group with repeating section, but i cannot move them in up or down order.

206377_pastedImage_1.png

5 replies

Badge +3

anyone? ‌ do you have any ideas?

Badge +17

Brett,

I'm not sure I understand what you are attempting to do with approvers. You mentioned drag and drop, but that functionality doesn't exist at the form level during edit or new mode. We only have the drag and drop for design time.

What are you really aiming to do?

Badge +3

Thanks Eric Harris for your response, what I am trying to do is to maybe use the javascript to allow users to select the approver and move them up or down when the form is rendered. Is there a function you can call to achieve this. We have a lot of approvers maybe 9-10 and it is cumbersome for users if a approver need to be inserted / added at the top, they need to delete everything and start again. 

206961_pastedImage_1.png

We used the following method:

Insert a row in a repeating section? 

However this still moves the approver one row down and if an approver exist then they need to be removed manually:

206962_pastedImage_3.png

I wanted to achieve similar functionality to something i saw in another application, where a uses can be added on button click and can be moved around. Hopefully you can assist.

206963_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +3

Also I thought of something after I posted above, will a calculating field be something of use? 

Badge +17

Brett,

Unfortunately that is not something supported by our product. Its also a limitation of the people picker control which is confined to how SharePoint will interpret the name and ID of the user being entered. I do get what you are looking for and the repeating section would be the only way to get close to that style of functionality. 

However, as you've discoverd there isn't a way to move or sort the order because it is replicated the form control, not binding it as you may see within a singular field that is leveraging Javascript. Something to definitely suggest. I'd say head over to uservoice and add that one.