K2 WebParts not showing in Virtual Server Gallery

• 27 October 2005
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I installed the SharePoint server web services, but am not seeing the K2 WebParts. My SharePoint is on my default website and I created a new website on a different port for K2. In the installation, I set the workspace service site to the K2 site with port (set K2WorkspaceServcieAppPool and identity) and set the office server web service site name to my K2 site. Any ideas why I cannot see the K2 webparts?

Thanks.

4 replies

Badge +9
Please have a look at the following post: http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=640&highlight=virtual+server+gallery

Let me know if is useful.
Badge +1
I opened a ticket with support on this. The wpresource files were not installed on the SharePoint website during the install, although the K2 webservices did install correctly. I tried reinstalling twice, but the Program Maintenance screen is not coming up during the install. I'm waiting for more instructions from support.

In the mean time, I did read the post. At the end it says to run SPSSERVICE_60_BIN on the SPS. I don't have that program. I did see InstallK2SPSWebPart.bat, but I have not run it.

I am curious how the installer knows what my sharepoint website is when it is never entered during the installation. I have screen shots of my installation and don t see anywhere that I was asked to enter the sharepoint website values.

Thanks,
Jenny
Badge +9
Hi Jenny,

Thank you for the update, the installation auto detects the SPS settings on the machine, hence the reason you do not have to specify that. Keep us up-to-date on the outcome of the investigation.
Badge +1
Hi Renier,

I opened a dos window and copied and pasted the command from InstallK2SPSWebPart.bat.

stsadm.exe -o addwppack -filename "K2 Task List.CAB" -globalinstall -force

I got an access error, so I logged in under my SharePoint service account and ran it again. This time the webpart was installed without error.

Thanks for suggesting SPSSERVICE_60_BIN; that is what lead me to find InstallK2SPSWebPart.bat.

Jenny