Any Feature Like "While i am not in office"

Badge +1

Hey guys ,

Well i have used k2.net 2003 in my past project but never heard of such feature that k2.net 2003 offer. As per my client they say that k2.net 2003 supports a feature "While i am not in office" and user can change the status from front end forms and then process will automatically escalated to some one else in office. That means if i am leaving office for 15 days i'll just log in and change the status to "While i am not in office" from some form and k2.net will from then onwards will escalate process to next available user.

Any one got any idea about such a feature or any feature which resembles such details.

Thanks in advance.

11 replies

Badge +11
Yes, it is called K2.net 2003 Out of Office.

Please note that you need to have K2.net 2003 SP2a installed for the Out-of-Office component to work.

You can download the component from the K2Workflow Partner and Customer Portal - http://portal.k2workflow.com

Navigate to the Downloads | Product Downloads page and download the component together with its installation documentation.
K2.net® 2003 Out Of Office Service with SP1 (v3.5252.1.0)

Please read the Installation documentation carefully.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Does it support AD only or also support sql user manager also ?
Badge +11
Both.
Badge +3
Do you know if an interface to Outlook's Out of Office Assistant might also be available? My thoughts on this is that our users have been trained to use Outlook's Out of Office Assistant to notify anyone sending them emails that they are out of the office. Rather than require them to also indicate that status on K2, if we could use the Outlook status it would be one less thing for users to remember. Also, the person the transaction would be routed to may depend on the process...it may not be the same persion for all processes.

Has anyone attempted to use the Outlook Out of Office Assistant flag for processing?

Thanks
Badge +11
Currently, there's no integration with Outlook's Out of Office functionality AND unfortunately at this stage it's an all-or-nothing approach - The receiving user will get all items from the out-of-office user and not just items of a specific process. I'm sure Labs will have a look at this for future versions.

Maybe someone else has integrated with Outlook. We'll have to wait and see...

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +3

Hello All, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if anyone found anything related to Stevep's post, as this is exactly what I am after! (Out of Office with Outlook for K2 processes). Many thanks! Dayna

Badge +10

No, this has been a common request over the years but has not been implemented.  With that said I'm not sure if it could even be done within the existing Microsoft Outlook Out of Office Assistant since it doesn't allow you to specify a delegate.  Without that K2 wouldn't know who to delegate your work to.

Regards,

Tim

Badge +13

We built our own delegation facility so for a specific process the user can delegate to 1 or more people.

In the workflow destination event we look up this table and assign additional people to the workitem that are delegated to.

Badge +3

Hello,

I have something in place similiar Peter, I have a list of users in an SP list with the Customer/Dept they are associated to.. It escalates throughout the list until it reaches the end. Can yours interact with the Outlook Out of Office? If so, I would be very appreciative if you could advise as to how I should proceed!

Tim, is it likely something like this may be implemented into K2 in the future?

Many thanks for your posts!

Kind Regards,
Dayna

Badge +10

Hi Dana

I checked with the K2 product team and OOF integration with Outlook is not currently on the roadmap but it is a feature request that they said they'll look at and reevaluate.

Badge +13

I do not integrate with Outlook's Out of Office.

http://edmguy.blogspot.com/2009/08/managed-exchange-ews-api-vbnet-part-1.html