Rules not applying in nintex mobile using responsive form view

• 9 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have designed a form in classic view and have a Sharepoint "Choice" column from a list that shows up in the "Desktop" view of the form but only shows the field name in the "Mobile" version. I have a rule which hides it unless a value is chosen from another dropdown. When I disable the rule then the choice column shows up in the mobile version. Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you post rule's formula?

is "Mobile version' meant to be nintex mobile?

if you use nintex mobile, make sure you  use use only supported function within the formula.

Badge +3

This is the example of the code, so it does a list lookup and concatenates the first part of the value (as the rest of the value shows first bit and then description). The formula works as it hide its on the desktop form and then shows the full choice field but in the mobile version it just shows the name of the field. I tried changing to "Disable" in the rule and this works ok on the mobile version of the form but I want to hide the field based on a rule...

subString(Voc_index,0,15)!="CRN_GDN_LND_001"
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Problem is with "!=" comparison operator - which is javascript operator and hence not supported on nintex mobile.

See

Nintex Mobile – Runtime Rules Work on Android but not on iOS, Windows or Windows Phone 

Try formula like

not(equals(subString(Voc_index,0,15),"CRN_GDN_LND_001"))

Badge +3

Hi, my rule was actually working. The point was that when you hide an item in the a form, it works ok to unhide in the "desktop" version but not the "mobile" version (as it only show the "title" of the object and with this responsive thing there is no longer a "mobile" and "desktop" layout to choose from they appear to be integrated....

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm sorry, from your description "I have designed a form in classic view" I understood you designed old-classic fixed width form...

I've tried your scenario with  responsive form and it works correctly for me.

can provide more details on your design and runtime behaviour? some screenshot would be helpful.

what exactly do you mean with "title"? is it Title list field? is it (default) control's title? is it your custom label/title?

Badge +3

hi unfortunately i think the issue is on android phone (samsung a5 specifically) as i tested it on a users iphone and it worked correctly. i am probably going to move away from this method anyway and have separatey yes/no fields with labels that have values that are based on another choice field using a nested if. if that works. thanks for your help. i am sure i will have other questions later on down the track.

one other think i was going to ask is how do you remove spaces in forms where fields are hidden (i.e. move all non hidden fields up)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I carried on my test on android...