missing userProfileLookup

• 11 February 2016
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +7

Hi All,

I don't see the userProfileLookup in my list of Inline Functions in Nintex Forms 2010 ( 1.11.0.0 ) evaluation.  I definitely have profiles turned however I'm not doing any syncing e.g. the profile sync job is not enabled.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Halsey

6 replies

Badge +7

Not sure if this helps but I'm seeing different options in different environments even though they both say version 1.11.0 Enterprise in licensing.  In one environment I see the "Runtime Functions" tab and the userProfileLookup function.  The other environment has the "Inline Functions" tab and there is no userProfileLookup function listed.

2-11-2016 10-36-50 PM.png

Thanks again in advance,

Eric

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Eric,

There is a difference between Inline and Runtime functions.

Inline functions are run when the form is instantiated.  That's where you can get userprofile info.

The Runtime Functions will run while you have the form open.  Making a selecting in a drop down, or filling in a field could cause the Runtime function to evaluate again.

Vadim

Badge +7

Thanks for the quick response Vadim. It helps if you are looking at the same control ☺. I was using a label control in one environment and a calculated value in the other. Hence the discrepancy. Your info. clued me in on the issue. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fun isn't it happy.png

Badge +7

I’m having a blast. I have my first demo tomorrow. Thank goodness you had posted Nintex Forms - Querying User Profiles<http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-forms-querying-user-profiles.aspx> so I got it working that way ☺ although I decided to go the UP Web Service route so I can call the UPS from different environments. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nice..I like when people check out the web services and call those.  There are so many just from SharePoint and they are so powerful.

Good job mate.

Vadim