Take action on behalf of an approver.

• 25 June 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hi,

I've a requirement like there are several approvers and a (final approver who belongs to a group say "A"). We also have a couple of additional groups say "B", "C", "D".

Individual tasks are created for the approvers and once all the approvers have actioned their tasks, a task is created for the final approver.

Now what I need is, if a task is created for an approver, any person from the group "A" or "B" or "C" or "D" should be able to action the task on behalf of the approver.

Can this be achieved using the same approver's task(i.e., one single task) or a task needs to be created for people in the group?

Can this be achieved using Impersonation? If so, how can I approach this scenario? Or else how can I approach at a solution.

Any samples would be of great help.

Your inputs are highly valuable!!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phanibabu Kandala

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi,

You have several ways to do this... it will depend on your exact business need.

1. you can create the final task setting the destination rule for the approver and all your 4 groups. Each people will received the task and will be able to complet it. If you need you can add some application control: if the user completing the task isn't the approver you display an action called "Approved on behalf", if the user completing the task is the approver, you display the action called "Approved".

2. you can create 2 activities in parallel, referencing the same User Interface. The first is for the final approver, the other is for all the user coming from your 4 groups. When someone complete a worklist item you have to expire the other activity in a server event.

I guess they are other way to obtain something acceptable, but these were my 2 first ideas.

HTH