Data entered into SmartForm not staying

• 9 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I've built a SmartForm and a workflow and when then workflow is kicked off - the end user receives the Edit Form and writes notes and selects an item from a drop-down list and then clicks Save.

My issue is that none of the data the user enters is sticking and it does not show up in SharePoint  and when I go back into the Edit Form, the notes and data the user just entered is not there.

Somehow I'm missing something and not clear about how SharePoint and K2 are linked together and how to get entered information to stick when a user enters it.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

So when you say that information entered into a smart form isn't staying, is the user clicking any buttons after data is entered? To persist any data that is entered into a smart form you will need to call a smart object method (or exposed as a view method depending on how you build your form and if your view(s) is/are bound to a smart object).

If you are calling the rule, then it could be a mapping issue and I'd check the configuration of the rule on the control that is supposed to tripper the save and work from there in my troubleshooting.

As, just for completeness ensure that the user has rights (if using impersonation) to save to the data source in question. It should throw an error if that person does not, but never hurts to double check.

S.

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it!

Yes, the rule kicks off when the Save button is clicked but I must have the configurations in correct. I'll look into that.

Badge +8

Check the rules that write the data. If you are using states I would check the workflow configuration when the form initializes for that state. Make sure the smartobject/item reference is mapped for those views. I do not know if this is a solution to your issue but I have had similar issues and this resolved it.

Thanks,

Bryan