Starting Workspace on Client doesn t work

• 24 August 2006
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Starting Workspace on Client doesn t work

After doing a K2 .NET 2003 installation we cannot start the Workspace application on a client. However on the server on which we installed K2 we can start Workspace.
When trying to start Workspace on the client we have to specify a username and password for three times and after that an error 401 (You are not authorized to view this page).

Our K2 system configuration exist of one server including following components:
- W2003 (SP1)
- SQL server 2005
- IIS (ASP.NET V1.1)
- K2 .NET 2003 (SP3)
- IExplorer V6 (client)
- IExplorer integrated windows authentication enebled (client)

For running the Workspace application a separate web site and separate Application pool has been created. Within this website the Workspace and workspace services are accessible (and Infopath and Sharepoint services). All (sub) websites have following options:
- Anonymous access disabled
- Integrated Windows authentication is used
- Loopbackcheck is disabled (1)

The domain server is a separate server on the network.
We are using following K2 user accounts:
- K2service (for running the service)
- K2admin (for running Workspace and is the identity of the K2 Application Pool)

The K2 service account has been configured via the K2 service manager with following options:
- NTLM authentication
- A specific account (k2admin) has been specified.
- Account has been added to Active directory.

All file permissions have been set for the K2 accounts according specs.

The K2 website has been added to DNS with an alias to the real server name

Both accounts have db_owner and db_creator rights in SQL server for the K2 and K2Log databases.

We expected that the Workspace application should run as we have another application that is running correctly on the client in the same system configuration.

What should we do in order to get the Workspace application running on the client?

With kind regards,

Peter-Paul

3 replies

Badge +8
Hi Peter,

Check out this Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871179/

I seems to describe the issue that you are seeing.

I hope this helps.

-Eric
Badge +1
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. It works fine now.

Peter-Paul
Badge +13
For Kerberos authentication to work correctly, you must configure isolation at the site level, not at the application pool level. All application pools in your Web site that use Kerberos must run with the same application pool process identity.

I think this was the key for me.