Use calculate date to set due date to same day every month?

• 23 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Happy Holidays! So I have a SP13 list to where when a end user completes a task it clears out some of the data and resets for the next review. I have used a calculated date action to move the due date 30 days but sometimes this lands on a weekend. My problem is, that when this date does land on a weekend, I move it forward to the next business day (Monday). As you can imagine, this will change the due dates every time and eventually could lead to the due date being the following month. My workaround for this is that instead of advancing to the next business day, I will move the next due date to the previous business day (Friday). But...I wanted to see if there was a way for Nintex to know that it should be the 15th of the month, even if the prior month had to be moved to the prior business day because of the weekend/holiday. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +8

Now that I think of it, moving it to prior day will give me similar result. Not a very good workaround. lol

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

But...I wanted to see if there was a way for Nintex to know that it should be the 15th of the month

this could be achieved eg. following way

- take your reference date (due date) and save it to a string variable in ISO format

- with regular expression action replace day to the 15th

- with calculate date action add up 1 month

this will give you 15th of next month from reference date.

I move it forward to the next business day (Monday)

I will move the next due date to the previous business day (Friday)

to change date to next Monday/previous Friday (regardless of whether it is a business day or not) should be quite easy - see possible approach eg. here  

to change really to the next business day, I think you were already given few good hints from the community -

https://community.nintex.com/search.jspa?q=next+business+day&author=%2Fpeople%2F17377