How to stop my list name from appearing on my Nintex form?

Badge +6

How can I stop my LIST NAME from appearing on my Nintex form?

I do not want users to be able access the list that collects the data for my form.

Is there a way to stop this?Stop List Name from showing.JPG

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Inger,

I'm rather sure there is not a default option for this. However you should be able to hide the list name quite easily via css.

When you see the form, open your browsers dev tools and use the DOM inspector to find something to identify this list name. Afterwards implement some additional CSS in your form settings and hide this link.

I'd love to help you further but when I open my forms, I don't see this list name. May I ask, how/where you are showing this form?

Regards

Philipp

Badge +6

Hi Philipp,

Sorry for the late response.

I am new to Nintex and not sure what CSS or DOM stand for.

The form is apart of our training sign up process. 

The problem with showing the list name is that it is an ACTIVE LIST that shows all the data the form collects and I don't necessarily want users to have access to this list.

TStop List Name from showing.JPG

Badge +11

Hi Inger,

please don't get me wrong, but if you are not familiar with CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) or a DOM (Document Object Model) at all, I recommend you ask someone in your company for help. However, if you have time to jump into the topic of webdevelopment you can look up these two subjects in the internet. There are manymanymany articles about this. Please understand that this Forum is just not the right place to teach/learn webdevelopment in general.

Short instruction on this topic:

1. When you have your form open, press F12 to enter your browser developer tools
  2. Use the DOM inspector to find the required element (you will have a cursor where you can click on the area on the form and the dev tools will show you automatically the element in the DOM)
  3. See if there is some unique ID/Name/Class/whatever you can use to identify this list name label on your form (you do not want to hide anything else, just this list name)
  4. Go to your form settings in forms designer
  5. Enter custom CSS code to hide the control (something like "#myID { hidden:true }" should work)
  6. Ask us again if you have specific questions

Cheers

Philipp