Sharepoint integration warning

• 14 November 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have created a Sharepoint integrated workflow.

It contains some Sharepoint client activities which will create tasks.

I am facing a very strange situation.

Sometimes when I act on a Sharepoint task, I get the message on the Sharepoint page saying the action has been taken but the workflow does not proceed.

Also I get a warning in event viewer which is given below

Source: K2 SharePoint Web Services

Message: Warning received while executing the following method: GetWorkflowData
GetWorkflowData: Start

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The behavior is not consistent. I am not able to decide what is causing this problem.

Has anybody faced this scenario?

If yes, please let me know the resolution for the same.

Regards,

Ritesh

3 replies

Badge +3

Can you view the worklist item in question via K2 Workspace and attempt to execute the action there?  You can do this by hovering your mouse pointer over the worklist item until an upside-down triange icon appears.  Click on the icon to display a menu.  At the bottom you will find the actions.

If you can consistently action the worklist item via K2 Workspace, then I would bet something is wrong with the configuration of the enviroment (Kerberos delegation config perhaps).  Since you say the "behavior is not consistent," I assume you mean it is intermittent.  That is rather curious.  I would suggest opening a ticket with K2 Support if you have not already.  What release of BlackPearl are you using?

Regards,
Sam

Badge

Hi,

I am attempting to create a 3 step workflow.  I am having exactly the same problem as riteshnegi.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I am getting the same warning in the Event log:

Message: Warning received while executing the following method: GetWorkflowData GetWorkflowData: Start

This is causing an intermittent workflow error.  Sometimes I can complete the workflow and sometimes I can't.  But I always get the warning.

Regards,

John

Badge

I got this error message a few times when I was logged into sharepoint as a sitecollection administrator. but never got it when i was logged in as a regular user.  I saw the message come through on the K2 side as a system account.  Any patern with what users encounter this or is it all of them?  Also check your app pools for SharePoint and K2.