Attached Label in Chrome - Keeps Adding Line Break

• 11 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I believe I found a potential bug using Chrome.

I'm working with a classic form in SharePoint/Nintex 2019.
I have a label with an associated control for a required field. 
I've found that it is adding the red asterisk to the bottom of the label (instead of the top right of the text where it usually is).

I tried deleting and recreating the label, no luck.
I then tried editing the source and found that there was a <br/> tag.
I deleted the tag, saved, saved the form, and previewed it, but it was still there.
I checked Edit source and deleted the line break, went immediately back in and noticed that it was still there. 
I had been using Chrome this entire time so I switched to IE11 and it saved my changes without automatically adding the line break.
Went back into Chrome to test the form, looks good.
Went back into the label with Chrome and it started adding the line break again.

It seems to be an issue specifically with Chrome, but I'm unsure why.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

If you resize the Label Control in a way that is far larger than what would be needed to accommodate both the text and the additional asterisk, does it still place it under the text? 

can you post the html code that it ends up generating or a screenshot of the matter? 

Badge +4

@MegaJerk I am having the same issue and have stretched the label all the way across.  I do have another label next to it so I'm not sure if that's the cause.  Check out the Deal Status label below.  This is also happening in other areas of the form.  Definitely an annoying bug.  And I am using Nintex Forms 2013. 

Badge +4

@ndubitably  did you ever resolve your issue?  I'm have the same one.

I found the issue in Edge as well.  I was able to get around it by editing the HTML of the associated label and putting in a <span></span> at the end of the text in my label.  I'm guessing that it keeps Chrome / Edge from putting that <br/> in there.

I noticed this when I went to put in my own red asterisk:  <span style="color:#FF0000">*</span>

(I was going to unassociate the label)

Badge +2

you can even left the association of the label to the field, and put the label text inside the <span></span>