New Install - Stnadalone - Authentication with server failed

• 16 October 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Just set up a VPC with a standalone domain controller and installed K2, when I start up the workspace I get "Authentication with server failed".   K2 Server is set up to run as Local System.  I restarted the K2 Server service and tried again and received the following error "Unable to connect to docowin2003 on port 5252
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.".    I then changed the Log On as account to the Domainadministrator and restart the service and workspace and again receive the "Authentication with server failed" error. 

Any Ideas?

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi There,

The K2 service will need to run under a windows account i.e domaink2service which is granted local admin+run as service rights and other settings. I recommend that you follow the detailed instructions in the Getting Start Guide of the documentation which will have been installed when you installed k2 or is available from:

http://help.k2.com/en/K2blackpearlUserGuide.aspx

the section to look at is 'K2 Blackpearl Installation Guide' it is very well written and great t follow, it has helped me out many a time.

Kind Regards

Badge +2

Not sure what the issue was tried everything but nothing was successful.  I ended up starting from scratch, built a new VPC and reinstalled.  This worked.