Not applicable

Assign Flexi Task - Escalation to Group of users

I am having issues to delegate the task to group of people during escalation. It goes to only first person in the group. Can't we delegate to multiple users?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
eharris04
Collaborator

Re: Assign Flexi Task - Escalation to Group of users

In theory, the workflow is doing what it should which is escalate one users task to another user.  I'm not sure I would want to be in a group that gets esculated :-).  Just kidding.

A way around that would be to program an escalation by having that as an option of the task output.  That way if the user chooses to escalate as an option, not within the task itself you could then send the notification or create a new task assigned to a new group. 

If you need it to go from one person to a group, you could do assign task first (not flexi-task) then have it assign the task again to the group as individual tasks.

Hope that helps....

0 Kudos
fhunth
Scout

What's superApprovers? A Sharepoint Group? a variable?

0 Kudos
eric_halsey
Novice

I agree with Nitin.  Seems like a shortcoming.  You shouldn't have to "program" an escalation to a group.  It gets assigned to the group but no one in the group can edit the task.  This should be addressed in the next release.

Regards,

Eric

0 Kudos
burkslm
Novice

I guess the problem would be if it goes to a group, how would the users know which one should approve it. Each person would be questioning if another is doing it. That is the way my users are.

0 Kudos
eric_halsey
Novice

Yes maybe confusing for some but I wouldn't limit this capability because of people/process challenges.  BTW, Assign flexi task is the only task type that doesn't allow escalation assignment to a group.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Novice

I agree but you have to provide a solution until it is resolved. The initial task could be assigned to several users with the intent of only one user approving it. But if it isn't approved in a timely fashion then one of the other users could approve it.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

If there are many approvers in the group it could be an issue. But what about let say only 3 people in a group? It won't be an issue I believe.  I had the exact same scenario where I wanted the delegated task to forwarded to all 3 users and then anyone can approve it. I hope Nintex provide this feature in future release.

0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

You might want to put this onto the Nintex UserVoice site so that the Nintex Product Managers have better visibility into this request : 1 - Nintex Workflow for SharePoint: Hot (316 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Just did..

Thanks !

0 Kudos