Workflow Error with Odd Symbol

• 28 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Didn't think I would be back so soon. I encountered something odd. A workflow I created is running and performs all the actions; however, it then stalls at the end and eventually errors out. During this time no one else can run the workflow, just a simple class sign up workflow.

Two Questions:

1. Does anyone know what this below image is? Its in the workflow just like any workflow action except I can't delete it, select it, or interact with it at all. If I try and publish the workflow I get a type mismatch error and can't publish. I am going through all my actions to see if I notice anything, its been running great for some time.

2. Users can't run a workflow when another workflow is running on this item. That is the message they get when trying to sign up for a class. Is this the nature of the beast or is there some method to let more than one workflow run at a time?

Thank you.

2 replies

Badge +1

Ok, so digging further and may not be a workflow issue but a SharePoint problem the workflow is dealing with.

This doesn't tell me what the symbol is but I found out what is happening. After process of elimination I found that the workflow action that creates a new list item is the one having an issue. If I disable it the workflow opens, starts, and returns the user to the site home page. The workflow completes and runs without errors. It appears the list I am creating an item in is having an issue of some kind, I'll post once I discover it. Even if I add an item to the list using the new list item form it comes back with a "Form can not be saved . . . " error. The item is actually created perfectly there is just a very long delay before the error message. I think this delay is what hangs the workflow.

Badge +1

In addition to the information above I simply exported the workflow and imported it again as new and the issue cleared up.