Approve or Reject with multiple approvers

• 15 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello! I'm having a problem creating a workflow for different managers. I don't know which option is the most suitable for my problem when the notification is sent to those responsible they can approve or reject. Currently I only have the option to approve but it is required to add a second option which is to reject. The objective is if they approve the task, the task ends, but if they reject it, they have to give their comments as to why they reject it. Right now the notification is sent by mail, sometimes the person in charge wants to reject the task but cannot since we currently do not have that option. It is important to mention that there are many people in charge but not everyone is sent, what I mean by this is that according to the task there can be up to 15 people in charge or only 2. I hope someone can support me.
Best regards

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @oliverp 

First and foremost, you need to firm up your requirements otherwise it would be difficult for anyone to provide assistance,

1. Adding the Reject option and capturing comments is the easy part.

2a. How do you determine which manager(s) should be the Approver?

- by Project Title / Project Name?

- by Project Location?

- by Project Value? etc

2b. If there are 2 or more Managers for Approval, how do you want to determine the final outcome?

- all Managers must response Approve (100%)

- majority of managers must response Approve (> 51%)

- wait for a specified response (1 Approve) - veto power

- wait for the first response

Cheers

Hi @Garrett

2a. How do you determine which manager(s) should be the Approver?

- by Project Title / Project Name?

- by Project Location?

- by Project Value? etc

We determine it by Title/Name of the project. Example... We analyze a document that becomes a project and determine which people participate in that project. The number of people involved depends on the project. They are not the same people for all projects.

2b. If there are 2 or more Managers for Approval, how do you want to determine the final outcome?

- all Managers must response Approve (100%)

- majority of managers must response Approve (> 51%)

- wait for a specified response (1 Approve) - veto power

- wait for the first response

This is where I have difficulties because what I need is for everyone to give an answer. Everyone needs to respond. (approve or reject) The point is that if we assign tasks, if they are assigned well, practically everyone has to approve that task, by this I mean that when approving they tell us that if they correspond to the requirement that was offered to them, but in case reason the person who went to help with that task is not responsible for carrying it out they have the freedom to reject it. I have no idea how to do that, as I mentioned in my main comment. We already have our workflow to send them the mail, but we have cases (very few) where that assignment does not correspond to them. Sorry if I'm too repetitive but I try to make it clear what I want to get.