Print Button in a task form

• 17 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

I have been able to add an icon into a flexi task form but as yet am unable to get it to print the actual form. Its worth explaining where it is:

199514_pastedImage_3.png

The Printer icon is configured like this:

199517_pastedImage_7.png

Which i got from what i thought was a useful blog:

Adding a Print button to your Nintex Forms. | The SharePoint Pub 

However nothing happens when i click on the printer icon. 

It suggests in the blog not being able to print untill entries are made - which is fine as i can get them to re-visit the page this is on via the hyperlink in the approval email. This is what the return to the page looks like:

199518_pastedImage_8.png

So i have a print icon both on the ribbon & on the form itself - but neither work. 

Anyone have any idea what i am missing?

Pete

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

remove from client click field

and 
tags, they are pointless

and I would suggest to disable 'cause validation' as well.

Badge +6

Hiya - thanks for the reply - however i have made the changes & still get the same condition. IE the printer icon doesn't respond & the printer icon on the ribbon is greyed out.

This is how i have the advanced settings as per your recommendation:

199623_pastedImage_1.png

199624_pastedImage_2.png

Remember this is a print form that is inside the workflow. It isn't the original input form.

So far as i can tell i can only access this form to edit it thru the actual workflow (rather than from the sharepoint pages) Dunno if this makes any difference?

Pete

Badge +6

I have just totally re-done this & got it to (sort of) work!

I removed the icon & replaced it with an ordinary button & configured in the recommended fashion as shown here:

It works - however if i REVISIT the page the Print button is missing. Ideally i want this to be still visible if the page needs revisiting via the email approval link

So the first version with the printer icon was halfway correct in the the printer icon was still visible in both "visits" (IE Before & after approval)

The second version is correct in that it prints from the initial approval visit - but not on a second visit!

Any pointers as to how i can enable the print button on the re-visit?

Pete

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it looks like you've opened already answered task in VIEW form and you you have set 'Enable in view mode' to NO, hence the button is disabled.

Badge +6

Triffic! Works a treat - obvious really!

Thanks for the speedy response.

I am going to do the same for Infopath2016 & the original form 

I have had a quick look bit it is asking for several options when configuring the button:

199631_pastedImage_1.png

Which one do i pick for using as a print button?

Or have i got it totally wrong again!?

Pete

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

not sure about this, do not have experience with infopath.

Badge +6

No worries - it is a complicated thing!

Thanks for answering the original question though

HAGW....

Pete