Exception Date Check to start workflow

• 14 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi, I have a requirement to check exception date of a new request raised to start the workflow. I have a SP list of exception dates for a year, say exception dates; 3rd April, 15th June, 1st Oct and 25th Dec 2015. And a seperate SP list on which workflow is running. If any request is raised on these dates then the workflow should skip first level approval and directly approach to second level approval group.

Note: approval workflow is running on seperate list and exception dates are getting checked from a seperate list

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Regards,

Ram

2 replies

Badge +6

Any help please

Badge +10

HI,

What I would do is add an activity before, the conditional approval activity. In this activity, get the list of exception date and then compare with the start date available in the context menu to those dates. Create a datafield and then set this to true or false according to if the start date is in the list of exception dates or not. Then have a line rule coming out of this dependant on that data field. So two lines coming from that activity you added; one with datafield = true and then other line with datafield = false. Now just point to lines to the correct activities.

I hope that makes some sense.