CPU usage 100%

• 17 July 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Im facing a problem with K2Server service, K2 Server using more than 90% CPU usage.

Here I have created workflow which contains many IPC events. Is there any problem

by using many IPC events in single workflow.

Regards,

Sayareddy

6 replies

Badge +3

Hi Sayareddy,

I dont think that there is any issues in calling the IPC event.

Please check the INTERVAL value defined in your roles in workspace. By default it is 10 min but if anyone changes to zero then the CPU utilization will be 100%.

Thanks & Regards

Ajay Gangwar

Badge +5

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for reply. Here i didnt add any Roles in workspace.But CPU usage will be 100%.

Thanks & Regards

Sayareddy 

Badge +2

Are you in an environemnt where you can kill the K2 blackpearl service and run the process server in Console Mode?  This will allow you to see what's actually happening within the process and might lead to and identification of the error.

I had a similar issue recently and it was due to the change of the Role Intervral lookup from 10 to 0 as the previous poster mentioned and running in console mode was something I used to troubleshoot.

Good luck. 

Badge +5

Hi Jason,

I  tried by running Process server in console mode. In this console mode i didnt get any error to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Sayareddy

Badge

We are having the same problem both on our live and test system. Running the server in console mode does not add any insight as there is nothing in any log. Restarting the service helps.

We are not using the K2 roles by the way.

We suspect that the K2 service might be sensible to sporadic database time-outs, but that is only a hunch...

Anyone have more information on this?

Badge +8

2 things to check:

1. Run a SQL trace on the K2 Databases (K2Server and K2ServerLog) and check if there any stored procedures that are called frequently.  

2. Check the memory usage and Handle counts for the K2 Host Server service using Task Manager.

These are not resolutions, but might be able to give us better insight into the issue. I would also log a formal support ticket for this if you have access.