loop iteration issue

Badge +5

Hi,

I am using loop action in my workflow but it’s not looping for every 5 minutes. After statement is true it will going inside the loop but it’s not looping after that, for your reference I attached what I developed.

But same concept what I developed was working fine in another environment (another server) what is the issue can you please suggest asap.

Thanks,

Jagadeeswar Reddy.

10 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

What are your Loop parameters?

Regards,

Christophe

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey,

what happens after the first loop? Is there any error after the first loop?

Or is the error that the loop is taking too long?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +5

hi

After going inside the loop it's not comeout it struck in loop itself

Badge +9

Hi,

Do not forget to increase your index.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +6

Hi,

As Cristophe suggests, you need to have a parameter that makes the loop exit when the correct number of iterations through the loop are hit. For the workflow to be stuck in the loop, the loop exit is not being triggered.

Have a look at the verbose workflow history logging to see why it is not exiting the loop.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +5

hi Christophe,

Can you please elobarated what u are telling.

where i have to give index in loop can you please give full idea

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Whenever you're looping you have a declared condition in your loop. Usually this is something like "while something is not greater / smaller than something else". To not create an infinite loop you need to implement a "step" mechanism like increasing an index or decresing a relation that the condition is listening to.

Could you show a screenshot and / or declare the configuration of your loop action? What is your condition in your loop?

Badge +5

loop.png

Badge +5

i am using one parallel block, one side i am configuring one flexi task another side loop for escallation mail.

At the starting time workflow variable(reviewer) set as 0 after approve i am setting value as 1. already i show loop configuration in above image. till approve or resend for correction the loop will be iterate. incase he approved it has to come out from the loop. my scenario is working fine in one server but not working in another envirornment means another server.Tell me what's the issue

loop description.png

Badge +11

Can you use a Foreach instead, then you wouldn't have to worry about the variable you need in the Loop to increase?