How to add a group of data in a signle variable in Environment Fields

• 6 July 2011
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi there

I have got two queries in this post:

1) I have a couple of email addresses which I am sending emails to at different steps in my workflow process. These email addresses are associated to staff members of a single department. Now department members can change or increase/decrease in number, and so their email addresses.

Question: Is there a way to stick these emails in one group in Environment Library and configure the email event in the K2 process to send email to that group? (Group should also be configurable and allow to add/remove email addresses from it.)

2) This query is regarding Client Event in the process workflow. It is also associated to the same department and requires an action from any one of the department members. Now if I hardcode the users in its Destination Rule, it would require changing and redeploying the process whenever the department members change.

Question: How can I put these Destination Users into one group, then link that group in Destination Rule and configure it such that any person from this group can action the client event?

I shall be very thankful for a solution to these queries.

Regards

Abdul

1 reply

Badge +11

It sounds like the answer to both of your question is to use Roles.  Read up on the basics of roles in the help files, then move on this whitepaper:  http://help.k2.com/en/AdvancedDestinations_Whitepaper.aspx.