Email Notification if an entry isn't updated 48 hours before a selected date

• 1 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

I was wondering on how to setup an email notifcation that will send when a selected date is less than 48 hours of the current date in a submitted entry.

Background: Its a reservation form and I have a choice field (Attachment Documents) there that provides the user 3 options enumerated below: 

• Upload Attachment
  • No Attachment to Upload
  • Will Upload later

Fields that affect this email notification: 

• Date of reservation (date picker)
  • Attach Document (choice field)
  • Attachment 

Intention: When the Date of reseravation is less than 48 hours from the current date, an email notification will send informing/asking the user to update the submitted entry. With this notification, the user will update the Attach Document (choice field) if an attachment will be uploaded or not. 

Note: I do have an existing workflow that sends emails upon creation of a new item as well as modificaion of a new item that has different templates depending on the reservation type. 

I would appreciate any advice on this. Thank you in advance! 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
How about using a Build String action with the fn-DateDiffHours() inline function to calculate the difference in hours and then go from there.
Badge +2

Thank you! 

I'm thinking about doing a site workflow that runs everyday to check the list I made then place a "run-if" 

I'm not really good with the "fn-DateDiffHours() inline function" or any function. I just do trial and error and see if it works :) 

Badge +12

@Ryuojiin .....Try below approach:

1. You need to create 2 more list workflows
  2. Schedule The Workflow:
    1. This workflow will trigger only when item is created
    2. Use Calculate Date action and using Date of Reservation as a Date, put "-2" in Days or "48" in hours and store it in date variable
    3. Use Start a workflow action schedule the workflow which is sending email notification. And start time will be your date variable from step # 1 and put "0" for number of repeats
  3. Re-Schedule The Workflow:
    1. This workflow will trigger condtionally only when an item is modified (condition will be Previous Date of Reservation is not equal to Date of reservation)
    2. Use a web service (Web URL/_vti_bin/nintexworkflow/workflow.asmx) to remove workflow schedule on list item
    3. Using start workflow action --> Start immediately "Schedule The Workflow"
Badge +12

@Ryuojiin ....If this works for you then could you please mark this as solution?