Duplicate Emails in Workflow Tasks

• 28 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I've got a workflow in Nintex Workflow 2013 that is using the "Assign To Do Task" action.  I have the action assigned to two individual users.  I also have myself and others in the CC field on the Task Notification tab.

The behavior I see is that I get two emails when the task is executed, one to each of the Assignees with me in the CC field.  Other users in the CC field also get two emails.  I have tried checking and unchecking the "Create individual tasks for all group members" field, but I get the same results for both options.

Is there a way for me only get one email instead two when I'm in the CC field in the "Assign To Do Task" action?

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Eric,

i don't think there is an out-of-the-box way for your requirement. I would recommend you take everyone out of the cc of the "Assign To Do Task" and create another "Send notification" Task which you can put right in front of the "Assign To Do Task" and send the Mail to all people from the CC field just once.

contra: propably almost the same text/information in two different actions (use a variable for the text if you want to be the grandmaster of redundancy-avoiding)

but should solve your issue in less than 5 minutes wink.png

Greetings

Philipp

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your response.  I agree that this seems to be the only way around this issue.  I did a lot of testing and came to the same conclusion.

Eric

Badge

Hello!

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I'm running into the issue and trying to figure out if there are other work arounds. 

Thanks!

Lorraine