Export K2 Process Documentation

• 26 March 2014
  • 9 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Does there currently exist any method of exporting documentation of K2 processes? For example: activity fields, inputs/outputs, [line]rules, participants (users/groups), SmartObjects being used, InfoPath (or other) forms being used, SharePoint integration information (forms, libraries/lists, etc.). It would be useful if there were any tools or other methods of gathering this kind of information.

9 replies

Badge +6

Hi ChrisV,

I have done some research on the topic and currently i cannot find any information on the topic at hand. The only method of exporting information currently is from a process  via workspace by creating a  Process audit report. My suggestion would be to log a support ticket so the topic can be investigated further.

Kind regards,

Yannick Pousson

Badge +5

Using either K2 Studio or K2 for Visual Studio, there is a Documentation "tab" you can access. It is pretty limited, though.

Badge +1

Gail, where is the tab located? I'm not seeing anything about documentation on either K2 Studio or Visual Studio (2012).

Badge +5

Chris,

In K2 Studio, in the lower right corner, just to the left of the Zoom control, is a small workflow icon. Click on that little icon, and it brings up the Documentation page. Clicking the icon toggles back and forth between Documentation View and Design View.

In K2 for Visual Studio, look in the lower LEFT corner. There are actually two buttons, labeled "Workflow" and "Documentation".

I hope that helps you some.

Gail

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi ChrisV

Just to confirm, you want to know how to put views, forms, processes, smartobjects, participants and rules, basically everything related into one document or package as per say?

If this is correct, you can have a look at this documentation on Package and Deployment used to package a project solution the package can then be deployed on another enviroment. When the solution is deployed you then have the exact same access to the views, forms, smartobjects, etc as you had on the first enviroment.

K2 Package and Deployment User Guide

Download Package and Deployment

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi ChrisV

Just wanted to do a quick follow up on the question you had in regards with "exporting documentation of K2 processes".

Would you mind providing the following information?

Just to confirm, you want to know how to put views, forms, processes, smartobjects, participants and rules, basically everything related into one document or package as per say?

If this is correct, you can have a look at this documentation on Package and Deployment used to package a project solution the package can then be deployed on another enviroment. When the solution is deployed you then have the exact same access to the views, forms, smartobjects, etc as you had on the first enviroment.

K2 Package and Deployment User Guide

Download Package and Deployment

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi ChrisV

We have not recieved any feedback regarding the issue in this conversation. Please advise if you were able to solve this issue and if it can be marked as solved or do you require futher assistance?

If this is the case where you require futher assistance, please advise if my understanding of this issue is up to date in order for me to be able to give you accurate information.

You want to know how to put views, forms, processes, smartobjects, participants and rules, basically everything related into one document or package as per say?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi ChrisV

I am doing a quick follow up on this post. I have not recieved any feedback on this, please confirm if you were able to solve the issue at hand and if we/you can mark the post as completed by marking a solution?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi ChrisV

I am kindly marking this post as solution due to no response and no solution being marked.