Required Field Under Form Control Settings

Badge +2

Documentation shows that a 'Required' field is available under Validation Settings for many from controls (See Single Line Text Box  for example).

I would like to consistently use the form controls for required fields, but for most controls this option is not avaialble. (In fact only the List Lookup control appear to have this option).

The alternative is to use SharePoint to require fields where this option is not available in Nintex forms; meaning that these settings are split between SharePoint and Nintex.

What information am I missing?

Cheers,

Leslie.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Use Validation rules to make a control required.
isNullOrEmpty({Self})
Badge +2

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

If I understand correctly - you recommend not using the contol settings or the SharePoint column settings to make a field required.

Instead I will create a rule (named Required) and attach this to controls where a field is required.

Does this metthod cause the red asterisk (*) to appear next to the field name to indicate that it is required?

Leslie.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
I am advising that if you want to set a control as required in a Nintex Form that a validation rule needs to be used.
No a red asterix will not appear when using a validation rule. The asterix appears when a control is linked to a SharePoint column that is required.