Can not open InfoPath from MOSS 2007 list

• 23 October 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a K2 Blackpearl workflow which using InfoPath form as the submission form and approval form. The InfoPath form is integrated with SmartObject and prepopulates the data when it opens.  This workflow worked fine in the past.

It stopped working recently. I can still open the InfoPath form directly from the C:drive from K2 developer's workstation and SmartObject works. But, I can not open the InfoPath form from SharePoint 2007 website.  I can not open in both broswer and client application.

I recieved the error messages -

"InfoPath cannot submit the form. 
An error occurred while the form was being submitted. 
InfoPath either cannot connect to the data source or the service has timed out. "

"The connection file could not be accessed" error message when you try to open an InfoPath 2007 form" 

There is a article on Microsoft kb website, it indicates "This issue occurs when a user who is not the owner or the creator of the UDC file tries to access the form and the UDC file remains checked out or is in a pending state." http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922208

I don't aware that we have made any changes in UDC or checked out. Only thing we did in recent days, is that DBA team kill many K2 active instances.  would it case the problem?

How should I solve this problem? where to check the UDC file in? in the MOSS site? in K2?

Any suggustion will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mary Wang

5 replies

Badge +10

I would double check that the UDCX files aren't checkout or need to be approved.  If that's not the case look at the permissions on this library.

You can find the udcx files at your SharePoint site level

http://YourSharePointSite/K2 BlackPearl Data Connections/InfoPath WebService/

Regards,

Tim

Badge +1

Hi Tim,

Thank you for you reply, I have checked the udcx files on my sharepoint site. The are not checkout.  I have also set the perminission on this library to be full accessible for K2 service account and K2 workspace account as well as the SharePoint application pool account.

I have tried again, it still has the same problem.

would it be something else?

Regards,

Mary

Badge +10

Okay.

Also confirm that the following settings are still valid for your Form Services and browser configuration:

K2 Process > K2 for InfoPath Integration > InfoPath Configuration Notes

If an error is received when using 'InfoPath Forms Services' the following Configuration steps need to be taken. 

Configuring your SharePoint to run InfoPath Forms Services:

Step 1

Open SharePoint Central Administration

Step 2

Open the 'Application Management' page

Step 3

Go to the 'InfoPath Forms Services' section and click on the Configure InfoPath Forms Services link

Step 4

In the 'User Browser-Enabled Form Templates' section, make sure both check boxes are ON:

• Allow users to browser-enabled form templates
  • Render form templates that are browser-enabled by users

Step 5

In the 'HTTP Data Connections' section, if the InfoPath web services has not been installed on a web that uses SSL, make sure the check box is OFF:

• Require SSL for HTTP authentication to data sources

Step 6

In the 'Cross-Domain Access for User Form Templates' section, make sure the check box is ON:

• Allow cross-domain data access for user form templates that use connection settings in a data connection file

Configuring your browser to open any InfoPath form (client or web form):  

Step 1

Open IE

Step 2

Go to Tools > Options

Step 3

Go to the Security Tab

Step 4

Add the following URLs to the trusted sites list:

• If the form has been published to a SharePoint site, add the SharePoint site URL
  • The InfoPath web service site URL

Step 5

Reset the security level to LOW

Regarding the Data Connections library although I  haven't tested this but I would have thought the form user would need reader permissions on that data connections library.  I notice the users do on mine but I'm not sure if its just because its inheriting Site Members and Site Visitors from the Site level or whether its really required.  It should be a quick test to check it out.

Let us know one way or the other.

Tim

Badge +1

Hi Tim,

I found the problem, the Data connection webservice URL in my UDCX files were pointing to a wrong hostname. I have corrected the Web Service URL in one of my environment and redeployed workflow. 

I can open the InfoPath from MOSS site in client application right now. But, I am still having trouble to open in the IE broswer.

Regards,

Mary

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

IE settings:  Make sure the site is added under 'Trusted Sites' on your remote machine and set the Security levels for this zone to LOW.  Open Custom level and go right down to the bottom, under User Authentication make sure the radio button is in the “Automatically logon with current user..”. Also, under Advanced   Internet Options, make sure 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication (requires restart)' is checked.

vernon