Solved

Adding a button or a shape with a link

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to Nintex and first time posting here. I have created a few Nintex forms for data capturing purpose, and I need to add a button or a shape (to make it look like a button) with a link URL somewhere on the form. The link will take the users to the dashboard.

I managed to create a link using the 'label' but the client wasn't happy as currently my link is just in text. They want it to look like a button and have the link embedded in it.

How can I do this? Is there a way to embed a link to the button?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Garrett 6 July 2022, 06:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @ChrisT ,

I guess you're not using the classic form.

From a label control, use the following HTML code instead as an example to open a new tab from your browser to Google web site :

<input type="button" name="Click" value="Click" onclick="window.open(&#39;https://www.google.com&#39;,&#39;_blank&#39;);"/>​​​<br/>​​<br/>​​

The style be be similar to the save button.

Let me know if it helps. ^^

Hi @cecilia-penha 

Thank you so much, that worked! Guess I should start learning HTML 🙂

Just another question if I may ask - is there any way to change the aesthetics of the button - i.e. colour, font size, the size of button itself etc? Or do I have to insert an image instead of a button if I want to personalise it?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ChrisT 

If you just want to change a single button - you can use inline CSS

<input style="background-color: orange; border: 1px; border-radius: 5px; color: #990000; padding: 5px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 30px;" type="button" name="Click" value="Click" onclick="window.open(https://www.google.com);"/>

I've given some example above for color, font type, font size.   

hope that helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Thanks @Garrett.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ChrisT , @cecilia-penha 

I believe that its Cecilia who deserved the credit for finding the solution for @ChrisT 

I merely added a little input

Again, great work @cecilia-penha 

Thank you Garrett!