Demand Management subworkflow

Badge +4

Hello everyone,

I'm modidfying a worklfow on our Project server environment but when I tried to publish it, I get the wonderfull error message:

SoapServer Server was unable to process request ----> Failed to publish Workflow: Error in the application

I know I have this error message due to the size of my workflow, so an idea would be to split my demand management workflow in subworklow, but the trouble is as my Workflow is linked to my Project, I'm not sure that I can split in subworkflow as I have many data which are comming directly from my workflow type, for example, my project ID, Owner name and so on...

So how could I resolve this issue?

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi domiowa,

maybe UserDefinedActions can help you. You could create a UDA, put in some actions of your workflow and provide your project information as input variables to the UDA so it has the required information.

You can also share information to regular subworkflows but this is a little more difficult.

However, actually UDAs are used for repeating procedures, but they may satisfy your current need.

Find nintex help for more information about UDAs

Cheers

Badge +4

Hi Philipp

Than you for your answer

So if I understand well, a UDA will reduce my workflow size

So I can add the other actions I need in my workflow without using subworkflow, right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

UDA doesn't reduce workflow size!

it's just a kind of placeholder for the same design patterns.

content of the UDA is inserted into a workflow design at compile time. so if UDA contains 10 actions, it adds 10 actions into the workflow. if you use an UDA multiple times within the workflow it multiplies number of actions inserted

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Best-Practice-for-Workflow-Design-User-Defined-Actions/ba-p/80222

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Defensive-Workflow-Design-Part-3-Separation-of-Concerns/ba-p/78640