change state working on flexi approval but not reject. reject just restarts current task

• 21 February 2015
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

change state working on flexi approval but not reject.  reject just restarts current task vs changing state to the previous state?  hence if I keep rejecting it just keeps looping in current state machine.  if I approve the change state moves forward to the next state.

reject does a set approval status

update item setting workflow status variable

send notify

change state end state machine

which falls to send notify, end workflow

flexi is all must agree outcome approve.

thx,

Joe

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi Joe,

In workflow history, does it show that your send notify and end state machine are actually touched in the process after rejecting the task? An End state machine does not necessarily end the workflow - justs drops you back out of the state machine. It will depend on what that outer action is that the workflow is dropped into. It sounds like you are put back into the state machine by some of the other decisions in the workflow. You will need to go through and find what it is doing at that time.

Regards,

Mark

Badge +2

it is not going down the reject path at all.  when I look it shows that they are not touched?  it is as if there is only approved.

Badge +6

Joe,

I think that the issue here then must lie in your definition of the outcome behaviour. By stipulating that All must agree to an approved outcome, I think that the fact that someone rejects the task is causing what you are seeing. refer to the below link:

Do you really know the Flexi task?

To check what it is doing, populate variables in the "Store outcome in" and "Store outcome achieved" sections of the task settings. The latter is a true/false.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +2

thank you Mark.  I am sure you receive many calls on this from people like me that do not read doc

Badge +6

No worries Joe. Thats the beauty of this community. I'm like you - just a user of the products. It's always good to bounce things off other users.

Glad I could help.

Cheers,

Mark