Email Edited Variable

Badge +3

Hello, I am currently working in Nintex Workflows 2013, and I currently have a flexi task that decides if a task is approved or rejected.  If the task is approved, I want to ask the manager to set another variable via email.  Is there a way to set a variable based on an email response similar to LazyApproval?  It would be preferred if it could save it to a column of the list that is currently unassigned, however, that is not required if it is not possible.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You cannot ask information delivered on an email,but you can assign an action named "Request data" , so he will receive an email, click on a link and sets the variable.

Badge +3

Ok so I believe that the Request Data is exactly what I am trying to use, and thank you for that, however, I am running into some dilemmas with implementation where I never see where I am supposed to actually edit the column.  Have I set up the Request Data correctly to alter the column Type of Invoice?

205598_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +11

Hi Duncan,

at this point you are only requesting data from the user. This action is not used to update your item directly. Instead you need to choose a variable to save the information provided by the user. In your screenshot this is the only thing missing. Afterwards you can use a "Set field value" action and set your "Type of invoice" field with the value coming from the user.

Best Regards

Philipp