Problem with License!!

• 7 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi everybody! Could you please help me with this??

On my farm i have a frontend, with Nintex Workflows (and forms) installed, whith a valid license thats expires on October. That's OK. But some months ago, i've added another frontend2 to my farm, and i have put a trial license which expires today! If i go to the central admin, i see that, that the license is expired (but the secondone! not the firstone). Now all the workflows get an error of license expired. The questions are... ¿how can i deletethe trial license/unlicense the second frontend? On the central admin i only can import or export. ¿How can i put the original license again? (i don't have the file because i think it comes with the installation).

Thanks very much. I attach an image. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Licha,

there is no option to unlicense or delete licenses. What do you mean with the second license expired, not the first one?

I understand that you have a license for your old server but you need to purchase a second license for the new server. The old license file will not help you as it only contains one server. As there is still a front end in the farm that is not licensed you will still likely have workflow errors. You will either need to remove the second web front end or purchase another license.

As you are at the end on your license period I see two options:

• you purchase the second license now and Nintex will prorate the new license to your original time period. In October you will then extend both licenses
  • you talk to your Nintex partner and ask them if they can get you a new trial license to get rid of your workflow errors and to get some time to purchase the new license together with your license renewal.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Enrico, thanks for the answer.

I've fix the issue by re-importing the WFE1 license (the perpetualone) and automatically it "replaced" the second "trial" license i've put before.

But the question for the future is the same. How do i license another WFE2? Because on my experiencie, when i've got this second trial license, and i've imported on the central admin, automatically "replaced" the first license of the WFE1, and that's not what i want. I need the license1 applying on the WF1, and the trial license2, applying ONLY on the WF2. Is it clear?

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey Licha,

it's clear yes. One license file contains all licensed server names. So you won't get a license file for server 1 and another for server 2. Trial licenses don't contain server names but their validity is limited to a specific amount of time. Thus if you upload a trial license it will replace the license from server 2.

The process is to buy another license from Nintex via your Nintex partner and they will send you an updated license file that will contain both server names - the one from server 1 and server 2.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Enrico, thank you very much for your answer. It really helps me to know that there is only 1 file containing both servers.

Last thing:

"Thus if you upload a trial license it will replace the license from server 2"

Is it possible that, based on what happened to me, this trial license (that was supposed to go to the WFE2) replaced me the license from server 1 too? (It has sense taking into account that there is only one license file active at the time. So, in this case, it won't be accepted to have 2WFE, one working with a Trial license and anotherone working with a year license?. Or maybe the name contained on this trial license was wrong?).

Thanks again.

Licha.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Right, as far as I know it is not possible to combine a year license with a trial license in the same farm.