using mutiple signers with docuSign

• 3 February 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +8

Good Day,

I am demoing docuSign with Nintex and am trying to get multiple signers on the same document.  I have a template setup that has 2 signers, but when I sign them it creates 2 document instead of just adding the signatures to one document.

DocuSign Signature areas:

2 documents created...

Workflow:

Thanks,

Jennifer

7 replies

Badge +2

Take a look at this: community.nintex.com/message/14380

Badge +7

The solution you found Alex Viera is a workaround to the above situation: instead of sending a new document twice: you send it first (DocuSign populate template), then can use the downloaded document to send it (DocuSign send document)

1- send it initially with pre-defined field values  (DocuSign populate template), then can use the downloaded document to send it (DocuSign send document)

2- use the downloaded completed document to send it (DocuSign send document) for signature

3- download the completed doc again

and repeat num 2 in a loop for as many signatures as needed.

The only and main downside for me is that it will be time-consuming as Nintex workflow is doing the waiting, sending, re-downloading, re-sending... but also that in the DocuSign account you will see 1 document PER signature and only the last document will show all the signatures (with only logging info of the last one).

All we would need is to set the DocuSign Recipients from Nintex Workflow the same way that we populate field values in the action.

Don't know why this is missing, it seems quite obvious to need it, or I am missing something.

Badge +2

Hi,

Your only other option, at this time since you can't do multiple recipients using the action item, is to use this DocuSign Rest API call to set multiple recipients, then send the document.

A.V.

Badge +7

thanks, yes I saw this too.

Will play with it soon.

Badge +11

I found this using REST API: Nintex DocSign Enable Multiple Recipients | reshmeeauckloo 

Would need someone to test it out to let us know if it works. 

Badge +7

Hi Kapil Joshi‌, glad you found Reshmee's blog. We were working on the same project actually and yes, using the REST API is the workaround she found to send to multiple recipients.

The only down side is that I needed to have the recipients to be dynamically populated from a list or fields from that item and therefore the REST body would have to be populated prior to be called. Which made the whole workflow just too convoluted and hence harder to maintain going forward.

‌ was therefore a more simple solution with the down side of not allowing tracking.

Badge +11

Thanks ,

That is good to know Pros and Cons of each approach. We are using SP on Prem.