Add choice columns to produce a total number

• 14 January 2021
  • 2 replies

HI All, I cant find a post about this, but then again I'm not 100% what I'm looking at half the time anyway. I have a list that's used as production handovers every 12 hours. Using Nintex forms we have mostly choice drop down boxes for production items. A lot of them are asking how long something has run or how many products have come off a line so the choices are set as numbers, 1,2,3,4 etc. Is there anyway of collecting this data for a monthly report and have an email send out saying plant 1 ran for x numbers of hours and produced x number of products?

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

I would query the list column that I want to tally for the month I want.
This will output a collection variable.
Put the collection variable through a for each action that has a math operation that adds each index to a total variable.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I'm going round in circles here, if I explain what I'm doing hopefully you can point out the obvious fault.

So to confirm, I have a choice column called 'MIBK Hrs Run' with numbers that relate to number of hours run, 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc.

I have a 'Query list' to do a collection on this column called MIBKCol 

I have a 'For each', Input dictionary or collection=MIBKCol and Output value=MIBKRes (number Variable)

inside the loop I have 'do calculation' what do I need to put at First operand, Operator, Second operand and the Output?

No matter what I put in it will ether fail to publish or fail to run.

Any help you can offer would be a huge help.

Thanks