Getting a Field with \Time only\" in Nintex Forms"

Badge +3

Hi fellow Nintex Admins,

in InfoPath i can set a text field to "time". Is there a way to achieve this with Nintex Forms?

Cheers

Daniel

12 replies

Badge +9

If you have a date with time you can extract just the time using the Build string action and save it to a variable/text field:

fn-FormatDate({ItemProperty:Modified}, "t")

If you want to capture the current time you can use the Current Time reference and save it to a variable/text field.

2016-04-19_10-04-38.png

Hope this helps.

Badge +3

Hi Igor,

thank you for your answer, but this is not what i am looking for.

In my case, the user has to add hours / minutes. I have a date / time field in the same form, so it would be nice to stay in the same usability logic.

Badge +9

In this case you might want to use the Calculate date action and add hours/minutes to the existing date.

Badge +3

I think wie are talking about different things happy.png

The user has to fill out a Nintex Form in a library. In this form is a field, where the user has to add a time. There is no date or no workflow involved in this situation:

183048_pastedImage_1.png

Uhrzeit = time

Cheers

Daniel

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

So I think it looks like you're looking at a text box with a set format so it's input in time. Perhaps Regex validation would be your best bet?

Badge +9

So why not just use the date & time format?

2016-04-22_8-12-34.png

You can then format and display it in multiple ways.

Badge +3

Cause i have only one date but multible time fields plain.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey Daniel,

What did you end up doing to make your multiple time fields work? I have multiple time fields then I need to calculate the duration of the work on my form.

So yea, I have the same question.

Thanks

Kassie

Badge

I had a situation where I needed the user to only input the time portion of the Date/Time and the customer wanted to restrict the time entry to 5 minute intervals. I though great, I'll just use the Date/Time picker, but the customer did not want the date field to be exposed. So, here's what I did.

#1. Hide the Date field in the Custom JavaScript.

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {
    document.getElementsByClassName('nf-date-picker')[0].style.visibility = 'hidden';
});

I found this would hide the date field, but left the calendar button on the form.

#2. Redefine the Date/Time picker. Added the following to the Custom JavaScript. (Note I use the empty.gif for the button).

function nfInitDatePicker() {
 NWF$(".nf-date-picker").datepicker({          
  showOn: "button",
  buttonImage: "/_layouts/15/images/empty.gif"
  buttonImageOnly: true,
  changeMonth: true,
  changeYear: true,
  showOtherMonths: true,
  selectOtherMonths: true,
  showButtonPanel: true,
  dateFormat: "m/d/yy",
  nextText: "Next",
  prevText: "Prev",
  buttonText: "",
  currentText: "Today",
  closeText: "Done",
  monthNamesShort: ["Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec"],
  monthNames: ["January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"],
  isRTL: false,
  dayNames: ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"],
  dayNamesMin: ["Su", "Mo", "Tu", "We", "Th", "Fr", "Sa"],
  dayNamesShort: ["Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri", "Sat"],
  firstDay: 0,
  onSelect: function() {
    var that = NWF$(this);
    this.fireEvent && this.fireEvent('onchange') || that.change();
    try{
      if (this.fireEvent != undefined) {
        that.change();
      }
    }
    catch(e) { };
    if (that.blur) (that.blur());
  },
  beforeShow: function(input, inst) {
  }
 });  
 var dateControls = NWF$('.nf-date-picker:disabled:visible');
 var dateControlsCount = dateControls.length;
 for (k = dateControlsCount - 1; k >= 0; k--) {                      
  NWF$(dateControls).datepicker('disable');
 }
}

#3. Remove the default control and use our new defined control. (Just added 2 lines to step #1)

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {
    document.getElementsByClassName('nf-date-picker')[0].style.visibility = 'hidden';
    nfFillerLoadFunctions.pop(); // Discard the default datepicker initializer
    nfFillerLoadFunctions.push(nfInitDatePicker); // Insert our own datepicker initializer
});

In the design the fields still appear, so placing them on the form takes a little imagination.

211577_pastedImage_2.png

But when displayed on the entry or display form, it works.

Hope this works for you.

Badge +2

Hi Fred,

Will it work if we have multiple controls of this type on the form? If so, what changes will i have to make, please?

regards,

Nabil

Badge +1
That's also my question/interest;
I wound need to only manipulate one or two of the date-time fields in the form, while leave other callendar fields intact.

Regards,
David
Badge +1
Upgraded ourself to Forms version 2.11.2.2 and initialization of custom datepicker does not work anymore. Has anyone found what has changed in forms, causing this nice solution not to work anymore?