Anonymouse Access on 2nd runtime site not working

• 27 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Anyone here using Anonymous Access on a secondary Runtime site?

I have a request to create a form for anonymous access via website.

So as per the rough k2 guides, i created a secondary runtime site, made the adjustments, enabled anonymous and edited the webconfig etc etc, I can browse to the site via IIS,  and also access via any browsers without the need to authenticate

My questions are:

1)  My 2nd site is called runtimeinternet, how do you save forms to it via k2 Designer? Designer only shows the runtime site to save forms...

2) Secondly, all my existing forms on Runtime are now accesible on the 2nd Runtime site as well, how do i only allow INTERNET ACCESS to specific forms only?

Thanks

2 replies

A second runtime will only mirror the primary runtime site. 

In your situation, you should use a web proxy which promotes specific URL's to the internet.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Andy,

Web proxy, do you mean something like microsoft TMG and have its own URL?

I'm told that when having a secondary site, users can also access everything on the main site, so that would make my forms vulnerable to everyone.

K2 do have a solution, but it's a custom one done by their "remote services".

Thinking about it, would there be any harm in having all the forms available for access, but lock internal forms down with Rules which check the ID of the user accessing the form and redirect to a "No entry" page if not authenticated for example?

Anyone else done this?