hdabbas
Nintex Newbie

Add a number from one list to column from another list

I have a SharePoint list that keeps track of late and incorrect reports submitted by vendors. Every time a report is late or incorrect, a user add an item to this list. I am using separtae clumnx for late and  incorrect as a Yes/No data type. I created claculated columns to convert the Yes/No to zero and 1.

I have another list that stores the actual number of reports due every month by vendor. I am trying to claculate the late and inaccurate rates based on user inout from the first list. 

I am looking for a way to increment the late and incorrect count in the second list from the user input from the first list.2nd List.pngfirst List.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hdabbas
Nintex Newbie

Re: Add a number from one list to column from another list

I used Update Multiple Items action. It works the first time the report is lat or incorrect. But does not work if the same report was late or incorrect again withing the same month. It does not increment the count in the 2ND LIST.
0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

can you post how does your update action configuration looks like?

and as well, how do you calculate number of late/incorrect entries for agiven month?

to see what's the input (list1) and what should be output (list2), could you as well provide sample data that match between the list? one that you posted above doesn't seem to...

0 Kudos
hdabbas
Nintex Newbie

I am attaching sample data and screenshot of update multiple items action.  I am using calculated column to divide late or incorrect reports by total number of the report count per month.

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

as far as I can tell, filter condition in update mulitple items action seems to be configured correctly.

so if actual values of supplied variables are correct it should identify and update correct summary item.

if you do not get correct results, you should focus on how do you calculate and populate LateRPT and IncorrectRPT variables (what you haven't explained)

reg. sample data - I'm nor sure, should it be example of correct figures you want to achieve? or incorrect ones you get from workflow?

why you eg. have there 3 late/incorrect reports for  Vendor A + CA market + MMP business + May?

from the source data I'd expected just 2...

i.jpg

0 Kudos
hdabbas
Nintex Newbie

Thank you. That is what I am seeking help with. I am trying to configure the workflow to add +1 everytime a user add an item in the first list. If the report was late for the first time in May then the count will be 1. The same for incorrect if it is incorrect. And if the same report or a diffirrent that belongs to Vendor A + CA + MMP + May was late and/or incorrect, then I need to +1 to the late count and/or incorrect count. My WF find the match on Vendor A + CA + MMP + May but does not increment the count.

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

I would not rely on increments...

if for any reasons you would need to (re)run the workflow multiple times, you'll increment summary value multiple times.

or if someone makes a mistake and first register a late report for May and then correct it to be for June, you may add it up to both May and June.

I'd suggest to calculate actual totals everytime the workflow runs.

unfortunatelly workflow is not very suitable for type of taks. you will have to design it as multiple nested loops, one for each key column/dimension. so in your case 4 nested loops.

maybe it would easier simply to export list1 to an excel and then simply set up a pivot table over it.

0 Kudos